Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cover Changes Part 1

We all have them! There are just some things that truly irk us about books! It could be something about the physical characteristics of a book, or the actual content of the book. Today, I will be sharing with each of you my book pet peeves! 

1. Cover Changes! This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole wide world. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind if new covers are released after the series have been completed. However, if they change the cover to something completely different, right in the middle of a series....UGH! Wouldn't you think it'd be so much trouble to have to come up with a whole new cover design instead of keeping the original?

Sometimes, I like the new covers better than the original. For example, Stephanie Perkins' novels. 

These are the new covers:  description

Gorgeous right? It took a minute for me to get used to for a while, but once it did, they began to grow on me. 

These are the original covers: 

description ~~ description

  Usually, I absolutely hate when publishers change the covers of books right in the middle of a series or companion novels. To be honest, I love the new covers! I think they should have printed Isla and the Happily Ever After the same way as the original covers, for the people who already own them in the old covers. The new covers are so pretty, and looks perfect next to each other. Even the spines look nice. I never liked covers with real people of them. I mean, sometimes it's fine, but not when they have them do awkward poses or are in weird set ups. I just find them to be so cheesy sometimes. 

I'll definitely be one of those ordering the new covers. :-D Gorgeous!

BUT

When they completely ruin the way the series looks, I'm extremely angry.

Take the Across the Universe trilogy. 
description
 
Beautiful! The third book must look equally pretty as well, right? WRONG.

Look at what they've done:


I'm not saying this cover is ugly. It's actually really nice, but the point is, is that it is completely different from the rest of the books! If you want to turn books into a trilogy, you have to make them go together, like a trilogy! You can do this with the covers all you want, as long as you finish the original! I might consider buying the United Kingdom edition of Shades of Earth since it has the same sort of galaxy theme. Why do publishers do these type of things to us? I just don't understand. 








What do you think of cover changes? Let's discuss down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment