Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Hunger Games Review!

  • Age Range: 12 and up 
  • Hardcover: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Scholastic Press (September 14, 2008)
           I found The Hunger Games a very enjoyable read. I was hooked from page 1 and I couldn't put it down since. This was the first book that brought me out of my reading slump and it was also my first dystopian novel. I reccomend this book to anyone that wants to get back into reading again or just needs a really good book. Some people may be turned off by the fact that you're put in arena and are forced to kill each other, but it is sooo much more than that. There is a lot of character development and world building. The book isn't just focused on the killing part, but of how twisted the government and President Snow is. This is a great 1st book in a trilogy that helps you to understand the world, the people while keeping you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars! It was really enjoyable, heart warming, and brilliantly plotted. The fact that Katniss would take her sister's place in the Hunger Games was simply amazing and even to other characters in the book. As you read on, many more problems will occur making it even more intriguing! You'll never regret reading this book! :)

" A violent, jarring, speed-rap of a novel that generates nearly constant suspense.... I couldn't stop reading."-- Stephen King.

Buy the Hunger Games Trilogy!

Learn more about Suzanne Collins!

No comments:

Post a Comment